Why did I create this website?
Welcome! I’m Jaki, the creator of The Mando Way and an official member of the Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Group since 2016. This website is not affiliated with them and I don’t represent them, but I do try to present information geared towards approval with them. They are a great Star Wars costume group since they do fundraising, charity work, and hospital visits. Also, they’re known around the world, with clan members who live in Canada, the US, Europe, South America, and Russia.
The Mandalorian Mercs do have specific costume requirements for approval. These exist not to exclude people but to help them look their best and to maintain a cohesive look for its members. You can choose whether to follow the guidelines for official approval with the Mandalorian Mercs, or build it to your own preferences. I encourage anyone interested in joining to find your local clan. And for children or underage people, the Mando Mercs have a special unit just for them, Verd’ika Corps.
Over the years, I’ve met many people interested in creating their own Mandalorian costume. I’ve also seen many people get frustrated and give up on their projects. I get it, I’ve been there! These kits have many parts, and it can be overwhelming to find information for beginners or people who are not experienced cosplayers. But I believe that anyone can make a Mandalorian costume. And it doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive.
This website aims to show you the process from start to finish. I will attempt to consolidate the best information for beginners, and make it easy to find here. I’ve included step-by-step photo tutorials, resources, product suggestions, and different options for creating your own custom Mando costume.
I recommend that people start with the soft parts, then move on to the hard armor parts, and then the helmet last. This way you are building your skills and confidence before working on the iconic Mandalorian helmet. Hopefully, this website saves you some time, money, and frustration.
Who is this website for?
- People who love Boba, Jango Fett, or Din Djarin, and want to create a classic Mandalorian kit
- People who want a new pandemic hobby
- People who want to make a costume for their son/daughter, or do a fun family activity together
- People who want a cool costume for Halloween or Star Wars Day (May 4th)
- People who want a Mandalorian Kit to display in their man/woman cave
- People who want to join the official Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Group
- People who want to participate in charity fundraisers, conventions, or hospital visits
Being a Mando is fun and charity work is rewarding. Everyone seems to love Mandalorians, especially now that Jon Favreau has created a great Mandalorian series. Whatever your motivation for creating a Mandalorian kit is, I hope this website helps you. Thanks for stopping by!
OTHER QUICK INFO:
- Location: Ontario, Canada
- Age: I lost count.
- Day Job: Corrections Officer
- Favorite Charity: Make a Wish
- Phobia: Bugs
- Favorite Movie: Star Wars – A New Hope
- Celebrity Crush: Jim Caviezel & Elon Musk
- Pet Peeve: People glued to their cell phones
- Favorite Mandalorian Gadget: Whistling Bird Projectile
Contact is via info (at) themandoway (dot) com
Now that you know a bit about me and this website, how about starting your Mando?
Keep Reading: Plan Your Mandalorian Concept Design >>